About Gaby Hardwicke Solicitors - a leading Sussex law firm
Gaby Hardwicke Solicitors is a leading Sussex law firm with offices in Eastbourne, Hailsham, Bexhill and Hastings. We provide a wide range of legal services for businesses and individuals.
Dr Frederick Goodwin founded the firm in Hastings in 1889 and was joined in practice by Ralph Gaby three years later. Goodwin retired from the partnership in 1894 and Gaby continued alone until Allen Hardwicke became a partner after the First World War and the firm’s title altered accordingly.
Gaby Hardwicke Solicitors today
Gaby Hardwicke has grown substantially since those early years but still retains the values of its 19th-century founders Frederick Goodwin and Ralph Gaby, who instilled the pursuit of excellence, a caring approach and the provision of fast, effective legal advice at the core of the firm’s philosophy. However we also pride ourselves on innovation and have stayed at the forefront of new legal developments. For example, Gaby Hardwicke made legal history as the first law firm to serve a court summons via Facebook, and we secured the first reported High Court injunction over the misuse of LinkedIn.
If you would like to read about our commitment to ethics and the environment, or if you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, please see our Corporate Social Responsibility and Complaints policies.
- Founded in 1889
- 70 solicitors and executives
- 17 partners
- ISO registered
- Commercial dispute resolution
- Company and commercial law
- Corporate finance
- Employment law
- Family law
- Intellectual property
- Lasting powers of attorney
- Personal Injury
- Property law
- Wills and probate
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Headway – The Brain Injury Association
- Resolution – First for Family Law
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Spinal Injuries Association (SIA)
- The Law Society – Family & Advanced Family Panel
- The Law Society – Personal Injury Panel
- The Law Society – Conveyancing Quality Scheme
- ISO 9001:2015