Services for your industry
Legal advice for Charities
The law regulating the constitution and operation of charities has changed substantially over the last few years, making it imperative for charities to keep up to date through specialist legal advice.
Recognising that the law applying to charities often has much in common with that regulating business – albeit with an extra tier of regulation – we at Gaby Hardwicke house our Charity Law team within our Commercial department.
Specialist solicitors for charities
Our team of solicitors acts for a wide range of charity clients, from small local charitable trusts to national organisations operating via corporate vehicles.
We work closely with trustees, chief executives and boards of management to advise on the widest range of issues facing charities today, including:
- Advice on the choice of operating vehicle for the charity itself
- Incorporation of the chosen form of corporate entity
- Modernising the charity’s constitution and governing instruments
- Registration with the Charities Commission and amendments to registration
- Creation of the charity’s trading entity
- Securing and maintaining the charity’s property and other assets
- Advising directors and trustees on compliance issues
- Merger and de-merger of local charities with and from national charities
- Advising charities on terms of trade and employment of staff
Many of the largest and highest profile charities in Sussex rely on us for sound yet innovative advice. We produce a range of Briefing Notes for charities – see the list to the right of this page.
Contact us with no obligation
We are happy to discuss any aspect of the running of a charity or the conduct of its business without obligation. Call us on 01323 435900 or email our specialist lawyer Mark Williams.
What our clients say: