Services for your industry
Legal advice for healthcare businesses
Gaby Hardwicke has a specialist team of lawyers with specific knowledge and experience of working with businesses in the healthcare sector, including care homes, doctors’ practices and dental practices. Our team acts for a wide range of clients, from individuals undertaking their first acquisition to companies disposing of a substantial portfolio.
We work closely with leading agents, brokers and specialist lenders and have in-depth knowledge of their specific requirements, as well as membership of several lenders’ panels. Time and again our skill and experience saves our clients time and money. We can anticipate and prevent potential transaction issues and will explain what needs to be done for your deal to succeed.
In addition to representing you in transactions, we can provide you, or your company, with advice on:
- The advantages and disadvantages of selling or buying shares in a business as opposed to buying or selling its assets
- The treatment in a transaction of goodwill, fixtures and fittings and stock
- The terms of contracts with individuals, local authorities and the NHS, including the transfer of such contracts
- Identifying and protecting intellectual property rights in your business such as its name and confidential information
- Compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations
- All aspects of employing staff in healthcare businesses including the transfer of employees and the TUPE regulations
- Refinancing and restructuring existing portfolios
- Transferring an existing business into a limited liability company
Whether you need assistance with acquisitions or disposals, refinancing or restructuring, we can provide strategic advice from the earliest stage of your planning so your transaction runs smoothly and with success. By being involved at the earliest stage, we can structure the transaction in your favour in terms of timing, process and liability.
We are happy to discuss the planning of your transaction with you without cost or obligation. Call us on 01323 435900 or email specialist healthcare solicitor Mark Williams.
What our clients say: