Some more important government guidance on the furlough scheme has been released. We have therefore updated our briefing note, highlighting the new guidance so readers do not need to read the whole document again. The main changes include that:-
- workers who are furloughed have to be notified in writing and the notification kept for 5 years
- company directors can be furloughed whilst still performing statutory functions
- the cap of £2500 applies per job not per person so part time workers may benefit from a higher cap
- furloughed workers can go out and get other employment with the furloughing employer’s permission
- commission and non-discretionary bonuses can now be recovered under the furlough scheme – important for car showrooms and estate agents.