Senior Associate Solicitor, Commercial Disputes
Cathy holds an honours degree in Law with German from Warwick University, and went on to complete the academic stage of her legal training at the College of Law in London. She then joined a large City firm for her training contract, where she qualified as a Solicitor in 2005, specialising since then in property litigation. Cathy spent four years working in the City, acting for people, businesses and charities in relation to the full spectrum of property dispute matters.
In 2009, Cathy moved to Devon and spent three years heading up the property litigation team in a Devon practice. After starting a family in 2012, Cathy moved back to the south east and returned to the City firm where she’d trained. She joined Gaby Hardwicke in 2016.
Cathy has acted for a number of high-profile clients, including a Premiership football club in relation to a judicial review relating to its new training ground, a pop star regarding his freehold purchase and many national charities regarding their property portfolios.
Cathy’s specialisms include:
- Landlord and tenant issues regarding residential, commercial and rural property – e.g. lease renewals, possession claims, service charge disputes, dilapidations, recovery of arrears, break clauses, rent reviews.
- Planning issues – e.g. planning appeals, judicial review.
- Party wall matters.
- Boundary disputes and rights of way issues.
- Restrictive covenants.
- Leasehold enfranchisement – e.g. lease extensions and freehold purchases.
- Trusts of land (e.g. claims under TOLATA 1996).
- Environmental issues – e.g. contaminated land.
Outside work, Cathy enjoys most musical pastimes, playing sport when she can, and is kept busy with two young sons.
Tel: 01323 435900