Partner, Commercial Property
Ian holds an honours degree in Law from the University of Kent, and qualified as a Solicitor in 2004.
Ian joined Gaby Hardwicke in 2018 from a leading Kent firm. He has specialised in commercial conveyancing since qualifying as a solicitor.
His fields of expertise include:
- Commercial property acquisitions and sales.
- Commercial leases (acting for both landlords and tenants) and lease dealings.
- Licences to occupy.
- Options, pre-emptions and conditional contracts.
- Deeds of easement.
- Overage agreements.
- Development site acquisitions.
- Auction purchases and sales.
- High-value residential property acquisitions, sales and mortgaging.
Ian prides himself on providing clear, pragmatic advice, finding fast solutions to problems and placing his clients’ objectives at the forefront of his approach. He has acted for a wide range of clients, of varying sizes and sectors, including the landlord of one of the UK’s largest solar farms and a large national landowner on the sale of a substantial portfolio of unregistered properties at auction. He has also acted for numerous investor clients on the acquisition of freehold and leasehold properties in London.
Outside of work, Ian is a keen amateur astronomer, with a particular interest in astrophotography. He volunteers regularly at open evenings at the Observatory Science Centre in Herstmonceux, informing members of the public about space and astronomy. His other interests include sailing, cycling and travel.
Tel: 01323 435900