Senior Chartered Legal Executive, Employment Law
Matthew graduated from the University of Northumbria with a First Class Honours Law Degree in 2008. After finishing his studies, he worked in law firms in Newcastle upon Tyne and then Brighton where he conducted cases across the full employment law spectrum. Matthew was admitted as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2021.
Matthew’s specialisms include:
- Equal pay claims
- Discrimination claims
- Transfers of Undertakings (TUPE)
- Due diligence on corporate transactions
- Employee Exits
- Negotiating severance
- Contractual disputes – including post-termination restrictions
- Unfair dismissal
- Advocacy and Employment Tribunal proceedings (including Judicial Mediation and costs applications)
- County Court and High Court litigation
- Disputes with Legal Expenses Insurers
Matthew also delivers guest lectures to local universities on areas of employment law.
Outside work, Matthew enjoys cooking and sampling real ale. He is also a Governor at a local school.
Tel: 01323 435900