Services for your industry
Legal advice for Charities & Social Enterprises
The law regulating the constitution and operation of charities has changed substantially over the last few years, making it imperative for charities to keep up to date through specialist legal advice.
Recognising that the law applying to charities often has much in common with that regulating business – albeit with an extra tier of regulation – we at Gaby Hardwicke house our Charity Law team within our Commercial department.
Specialist solicitors for charities & social enterprises
Our team of solicitors acts for a wide range of charity and social enterprise clients, from small local charitable trusts to national organisations operating via corporate vehicles.
We work closely with directors, trustees, chief executives and boards of management to advise on the widest range of issues facing charities today, including:
- Advice on the choice of operating vehicle for the charity or social enterprise itself, including advice on charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs) and community interest companies (CICs)
- Incorporation of the chosen form of corporate entity
- Modernising constitutions and governing instruments
- Registration with Companies House and/or the Charities Commission and amendments to registration
- Creation of the charity’s trading entity
- Securing and maintaining property and other assets
- Advising directors and trustees on compliance issues
- Merger and de-merger of local charities with and from national charities
- Advising charities and social enterprises on terms of trade and employment of staff
Many of the largest and highest profile charities in Sussex rely on us for sound yet innovative advice. We produce a range of Briefing Notes for charities – see the list to the right of this page.
Contact us with no obligation
We are happy to discuss any aspect of the running of a charity or the conduct of its business without obligation. Call us on 01323 435900 or email our specialist lawyer Mark Williams.
What our clients say:
Highly commended in the Law Society’s 2018 Excellence Awards.