Services for your industry
Legal advice for dental practices
We appreciate that a dental practice is very different from that of many other businesses. Our specialist multi-disciplinary team has significant experience working for dentists both within private practice and the NHS.
We can advise on all areas relevant to your Practice including the following:
- Buying and selling a Practice – Our specialist team can take a clear and pragmatic approach to make the process as smooth as possible for you, while ensuring are sufficiently protected in what can be the most important and significant decision in your professional career. We act for sole practitioners, partnerships and dental body corporates and can advise and steer you through the significant differences involved in the sale or purchase of an NHS practice compared with a private practice. We can also provide you with detailed advice regarding the differences between an asset or share based transaction. We cannot stress highly enough the importance of having specialist dental and corporate solicitors acting for you in a sale or purchase. If you would like a copy of our Guide to a Dental Practice Sale or Purchase please contact us here: email@example.com.
- Property matters – Our Commercial Property Team can advise you on property sales, purchase and leases.
- Partnership/Shareholders Agreements – When acting in “partnership” with one or more other dentists it is vital to have in place a bespoke Partnership or Shareholders Agreement to cover various matters including decision making, profit and capital sharing, expense sharing, exit arrangements and what happens in the event of a dispute.
- Employment – Our specialist Employment Team can provide you with all your employment law requirements including preparation of employment contracts, Associate Agreements, self-employed contracts, employment claims and representation in employment tribunals.
- Dispute Resolution – Our Dispute Resolution Team provide advice and support in connection with disputes which you may have with the NHS, patients and suppliers.